As unknown, and yet well known

ENIGMA THE FIRST: the lone survivor of an alien world, a nameless man of somber, impassive visage, garbed utterly inappropriately in garish blue-and-red. ENIGMA THE SECOND:James-Michael Starling, age twelve raised in near-isolation by parents who (he discovered on the day they "died") were robots. ENIGMA THE THIRD: the link between the man and the boy, penetrating to the depths of the mind and body, causing each to question his very reality of self.


A friend of mine from work gave me a trade paperback of the full Omega the Unknown series. Quite an interesting read, but I was surprised at how much more interested I was in the Omega/James-Michael Starling drama than the superhero action. Just give me the weird alien storyline! No need to fight the Hulk, although I did enjoy that. My biggest curiosity is how Steve Gerber meant for it to end. I've been doing a little research but no findings yet.

As it would go, I am yet at another impass where I have to ask myself, "Does God like comics?" More specifically is it worth it for me to spend my time pondering comics? It seems there are so many things more deserving. Of course as I was reading Omega, I hit this little nugget...


Non-fiction teaches you about life; fiction teaches you how to live.

Hmmm. Perhaps I will have at it for at least a little while longer, but I think I will need to streamline the writing process for now. Let's see how it goes.

“The LORD directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the LORD holds them by the hand.”
Psalms 37:23-24 NLT