The stormy wind comes from its chamber, and the driving winds bring the cold.

This past weekend I got the chance to scavenge for more issues of Action Comics at a "Comic Cave Sale"!


There was a huge selection of comics from the Bronze Age to current day at 50 cents an issue and special deals for filling a box. Little did I know...


The Comic Cave Sale was held in a semi-abandoned VFW. So there was no heat and the temperatures were somewhere around freezing. There were about 20 people who braved the cold while I was there and the guy manning the door was surprised it was that many. The good news was that after an hour my hands and feet were too cold to feel pain anymore so it wasn't as much of a problem after that.

The tough part was that nothing was very organized. You might hit a run of similar issues or parts of the same series if the previous owner of the long box had done a good job keeping it together, but for the most part everything was all over the place. I found less than a dozen of the Action Comics in the range I need, but unfortunately I already owned them all. I did however find a few issues from the New Adventures of Superboy that were missing from my uncle's set. My initial regret was not picking up the 4 issue mini-series "The Sword of the Atom."



It would have been nice to have a full story arc for $2, and I've been interested in this character which I know very little about. Oh well. The Atom will appear in a few backup stories soon in my Action Comics so I guess it's better not to get side tracked. And now that I see all the covers, there's a little more scantily-clad damsels in distress than I need to see.

Proverbs 4:25-27 "Look straight ahead, and fix your eyes on what lies before you. Mark out a straight path for your feet; stay on the safe path. Don’t get sidetracked; keep your feet from following evil."

I just have to keep remembering that it's more valuable and more fun to stick with my defined goal instead of an aimless adventure.

Oh... and if you were curious how Captain Marvel stopped Dr. Sivana's ice machine, check it out in Captain Marvel Adventures #95 at the Digital Comic Museum, (one of my personal favorite comic websites).